Articles of Faith
2. We believe that the scriptures of the Old and New Testament are the revelation from God, written by inspiration and are the standard of Faith and the only rule of practice. (11 Timothy 3:16; 11 Peter 1:19-21, Romans 15:4 )
3. We believe in the doctrine of Original Sin, that in the transgression of Adam he fell under the condemnation of God's holy law; that by our relationship with him we were corrupted in him and were originally sinners, shapen in iniquity, and all guilty in the sight of a Holy God. ( Genesis 2:17, Psalms 14:2-3, Romans 5:12; 5:19, Ephesians 2:1) )
4. We believe that the elect were chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world and predestinated to be conformed to the image of Christ. (Ephesians 1:5; Romans 9:11, 11 Timothy 1:9; 2:19, 1 Peter 1:2 )
5. We believe that sinners are justified in the sight of God by the imputed righteousness of Christ alone. ( Romans 5:6-9; 8;30, Titus 3:4-7 )
6. We believe that it is impossible for man as a fallen creature, except he be regenerated (born again) and drawn by the Holy Spirit, to repent of his sins. ( Psalms 10:4, John 5:39-40; 6:44, Romans 8:29-30; 1 Peter 2:9-10 )
7. We believe that in God's own appointed time and way that He shall call, regenerate, and sanctify the ransomed of the Lord from every kindred, tongue and people. ( Jude 1, Acts 2:39, Romans 8:30, 1 Corinthians 6:11, Hebrews 10:10 & 14, Revelation 5:9 )
8. We believe that the elect (those chosen in Christ) are preserved in Christ by the power of God and that none of them shall suffer eternal damnation. ( John 10:27-29, Isaiah 49:16, Romans 8:29-39, 1 Peter 1:3-5, John 6:38-39, Jude 1)
9. We believe that baptism is a gospel ordinance appointed by Jesus Christ and that immersion is the proper mode. ( Acts 2:37-41, 10:47-48, 22:16, Matthew 28:19-20, John 3:23 )
10. We believe that the Lord's Supper is an ordinance of the Church and none but properly baptized believers should commune at the Lord's table. (1 Cor. 11:23-30, Luke 22:19-20 ) ( Although Feet Washing is not an ordinance of the Church we believe The Lord gave us the example of the service ( John 13:14-17) and that example we practice.)
11. We believe that no minister has the authority to administer the ordinances of the church, except those that are called of God to work and come under the charge of a presbytery. ( Matthew 28:18-20, 1 Timothy 4:14, 1 Corinthians 11: 23-26, Acts 13: 2-3,Titus 1:5 )
12. We believe in the resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust, a general judgement and that the joys of the righteous and the punishment of the wicked are eternal. ( 1 Corinthians 15, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18,Revelation 20:12-15, Job 19:26, Acts 17:31, 24:15, John 5:28-29, Matthew 25:31-46 )
13. We believe that no good can result to the church of Christ from any member's participation in any secret religious organization. ( 11 Corinthians 6:14-17, 1 Timothy 6:15, Revelation 18:4)
Deuteronomy 21:20 (KJV)
And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son [is] stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; [he is] a glutton, and a drunkard.
Click here to read more!